Prices for all translation and localization projects are quoted individually. Some of the factors that go into the price calculation include:
Pricing for proofreading and editing is based on a similar process with the exception that the word count is based on the target document. Copywriting estimates are based less on word count and more on the scope and technical difficulty of the project.
- Source (original) and target (translated)languages
- Word count (this is based on the source document)
- Technical complexity of the document
- Format (i.e., Word, Excel, pdf, etc.)
- Formatting (simple formatting in Word documents is generally included as a courtesy, but heavy formatting which falls under the category of desktop publishing incurs extra charges)
- Turnaround time (extra charges apply for rush assignments)
I would be happy to provide you with an estimate for your next project. All you need to do is email me with a representative portion of the text (preferably, the entire document, if it is available). Please include your company's name, address and telephone number. The final quote will be based on the final word count of the source document, so you will know your end price at the time that you issue the purchase order… no surprises!